Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Kid Friendly Recipes

The new year is always a good time to try to start new habits or schedules. One thing I want to be more consistent about is making up menus ahead of time. I made up a 2-week menu that we followed pretty well through the month of September (the new school year) but I discovered that we weren't really ready for repeats on most things 2 weeks later, so I need to come up with a month-long menu. Of course, it won't hurt to repeat a few things, but for the most part we like variety.

The biggest challenge to me is planning lunches for the kids. My almost-12-yo DD likes to cook, but the recipes need to be fairly simple and straight-forward for her to be able to do them without my supervision. She can make things like:
  • mac'n'cheese from a box
  • tuna salad
  • scrambled eggs
  • mini pizzas (using canned biscuits)
  • grilled cheese and tomato soup
Now I'm looking for more kid-friendly lunch ideas... Here are some helpful sites I've found...

No comments: