Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Musings...

Seems like I've been reading a lot of "twaddle" lately. I want to find something thought-provoking to read. Not real heavy. Just something that makes me think, KWIM?

For example, I read a book awhile back (don't even remember the name of it...) about a man who unexpectedly came into a lot of money. He was able to go everywhere and do everything he had ever dreamed of. Then one day it occurred to him that no matter how rich he got there would always be certain things he would have to spend time doing... mundane things that there's no getting around... walking down the hall, dressing, bathing, going to the bathroom, waiting at stop lights... even eating and sleeping. Sure, nobody minds doing those things, but then I don't really mind doing the every day household maintenance type things either. I just get tired of doing them over and over, and there are usually other things I'd rather be doing.

Well, I don't know what conclusion can be drawn from all that... just some musings about a concept that made me think.

No comments: