Saturday, June 25, 2005

Convention season is over!

Whew! Convention season is over! Now summer can begin! LOL!

Actually, we have enjoyed traveling to the various conventions. My workshops have been well-received and I've met a lot of neat people. It's just draining...

I have to laugh, though. Tonight after we packed up the booth and came back to the hotel room, I collapsed on the bed with a huge sigh of relief. My DH walked in and said, "Couldn't we just do this for a living year-round?" I laughed and said, "Homeschool conventions don't go on year-round!" I think he was half-serious!

I picked up an excellent book this week: Debi Pearl's Created to Be His Help Meet. I had heard a lot of good things about it and it was available at a good price so I bought it. During slow times this week-end I read it. Some really *good* stuff in it. My DH paid me the sweetest compliment, though, when I told him I had bought a book on being a good wife. "You don't need a book like that!" LOL! "Thank you, dear, but I can name several areas off the top of my head that need improvement!"

Reading the book helped me realize anew how much influence my wonderful mother has on the kind of wife I am... Mother has always respected and honored Daddy. Like the rest of us, he's not perfect... but as a child I always thought Mother thought he was! Isn't that the way it should be?

We're taking the "scenic" route home tomorrow. Western Montana is all scenic... even from the interstate, but we thought we'd try some back roads. We'll get to see some more Lewis & Clark country! That should be interesting. I just need to remember to take a half-tablet of Dramamine! (Enough to keep me from getting car sick, but not enough to make me drowsy.)

No comments: