Saturday, September 3, 2005

Painting Our House

We started painting our house today. Most of the youth group was here to "help". Some of the kids were actually more of a hindrance than they were help, but we sure didn't let on! The kids need to learn to do things like this, so we just gave 'em each a paintbrush and let 'em have at it! We did try to give some direction as we could, but a lot of it will have to be gone over. Oh, well! They had a good time, and we got a lot done. I think most of them plan to come back Monday to help some more. The only drawback is that most of the reachable-from-the-ground walls are finished. So Monday will be a lot of ladder work. Not sure it's a good idea to have the kids on the ladders. We'll see.

The paint color I chose was called "Perfect Blue". It's what I call "periwinkle" and it came out more purply than I meant for it to... but it's pretty. I think it will look better when we're done and all the old green and brown is covered up. The trim will be dark blue (almost navy, but the same family as the "Perfect Blue") and white. Oh, well... even if the color's not exactly what I had in mind it will be fresh and clean!

No comments: