Tuesday, September 6, 2005

Thirty-Thirty Chocolate Sauce

My mother-in-law emailed us a fun recipe for chocolate sauce this week. (My in-laws live in South Africa. They moved there as lay-missionaries when they retired.) She knows my 12yo daughter is interested in cooking...

Does L have the craving for sugar that her Grandma does? She might like to know a little recipe I found recently. I don't advocate eating too much chocolate or sugar, but this recipe only makes a half-cup. And I really like it for topping for icecream. It's called "Thirty-Thirty' because it has thirty grams of every one of the ingredients in it. (People over here use grams and millitres instead of tablespoons and ounces.) It so happens that thirty grams is the same as 2 Tbsp, so I use Tbsp on my recipe card. instead of grams, even if I keep the name, "Thirty-Thirty". "Two Tbsp-Two Tbsp" just doesn't sounds as good!

Anyway here it is:

2 Tbsp. cocoa
2 Tbsp. sugar
2 Tbsp. syrup
2 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. water

Simmer for a minute or two.
Makes 1/2 cup sauce.

Ummy-yummy!

No comments: