Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Ramblin'

I have been doing quite a bit of deep cleaning lately... we got some new bookcases and a new desk, so been digging through papers and books. I came across my journals from 1989-1992. Guess what? This is not the first time I've been depressed! However, the last time I remember being hit this hard was the winter of 1998-99. So I guess I should count my blessings instead of moping around. *sigh* Oh! And I really should do a better job of keeping a journal!

I was looking forward to an all-day scrapbooking crop on Saturday, but got an email from the lady today saying it had been cancelled. *sigh*

The kids were invited to attend AWANA tonight with their cousins. (They are not in AWANA regularly for several reasons, but we let them go tonight as it was something one of their cousins needed as a badge requirement or something--to bring a friend.) I took advantage of the opportunity to have a date with my dh! He had to work late but it didn't take much persuasion to convince him that I could pick him up and go out for supper with him anyway. There's a restaurant near where he works that he's been wanting to take me to. We were hoping to go there, but turns out it's closed on Tuesdays. So we went to a diner instead. I just enjoyed the company! Love dat man!!!

I have a question. I don't keep up on fashion much, so I don't really know what all the latest styles are. Tonight I was in Wal Mart and needed to get some pantyhose. I also wanted some heavier opaque tights to wear with dresses and my winter clogs in cold weather. Wal Mart's "panty hose aisle" is half the size it used to be. I had noticed that before... however, I couldn't get the style I wanted in my size. And much of the merchandise in that section was dusty like it had been there awhile. I also didn't find the color I wanted of opaque tights. I had to settle for what they had that would fit. So, my question is: what do women wear on their legs with dresses in the winter these days? In the summer I noticed that it seems to be acceptable to wear bare legs everywhere... even to formal occasions such as weddings and Sunday morning church. But in the winter, it seems like your legs would get cold in a dress! I feel like an elderly grandma... "Why! Back in my day... a woman wouldn't be considered fully dressed to go out with her legs bare!" LOL! My mother has worn pantyhose every day of her life, I do believe.

We were going to try spinning with drop spindles tomorrow in my medieval life class. But all my efforts to find some wool to work with have been in vain. I am seriously considering stopping by Joann's in the morning and buying a bag of polyfil to try spinning! Oh, yes, indeed, girls... the peasants in medieval times had polyester sheep!

No comments: