The winter doldrums. Gray, wet, chilly days. Not even any fresh snow. Dark at 4:00 p.m.
And we're not even half way through January yet! It gets kinda depressing.
So... I guess it must be time to count my blessings. Here are some things I thought of to be thankful for even on short winter days in long winter months!
* A warm home. (It's tiny, but it's warm and it's home!)
* A fireplace. (The best feature about our crowded little house!)
* A contented husband to cuddle up with!
* Healthy, fun kids. (Most of the time!)
* The internet to "escape" on when the weather outside keeps me in.
* Free public libraries! (One of the best inventions of all time!)
* A cute, mostly-well-behaved puppy who makes us laugh.
* Plenty of food in the freezer for making hot, home-cooked meals.
* And that things are as well with us as they are.