Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Skin pampering

I just love bar soaps. I don't know why but I prefer them to liquid soaps, especially for the bath.
One hotel we stayed in last year had bar soaps from Bath & Body Works that were very nice.
After I used up the little sample size from the hotel I was planning to buy full-size bars at the local Bath & Body Works store... but I couldn't find a single bar of soap in the whole place! Everything was liquid in those little pump bottles. I thought that was weird... and disappointing.

Several months later I heard a friend telling how she makes soap... from scratch! I was so impressed. That's something that I think would be very interesting to learn. Later I bartered with her for 4 bars of different scents... and they are absolutely wonderful! Better than the Bath & Body Works soap I had. She has a website at www.prairiekari.com, and her prices are very reasonable, especially for the quality of the product! Nice big bars, all natural ingredients, and
lovely scent combinations. It will take me awhile to use up the 4 bars I got, but I'll definitely be getting more from her.

Speaking of skin care products, I'm a Bzz Agent and the latest product I have to "bzz" about is Aveeno Positively Ageless Daily Moisturizer. I am trying it now, and I have been pleased with how soft it feels. Not sure that it makes me look any younger, but one can always hope! It's supposed to "self-adjust to your skin to reveal healthy, younger-looking skin". We'll see. Visit their website at www.aveeno.com/ageless to sign up for a coupon and free sample.

No comments: