Friday, July 27, 2007

Time...

North Idaho scenery is some of the most beautiful I've seen. We've lived here for over 9 years now and I'm not tired of it yet. We have mountains all around us, but also wide prairies of farmland in between the mountains.

As I was driving across the prairie on an errand for my husband yesterday evening I drove through a short, splattery rain shower. (Big fat drops that the man likes to call "rain plops"!) Just at that time I was passing by a peppermint field that is my favorite section of that highway. No, the bushes don't sprout candy canes... but oh, they smell so good, especially when the irrigation sprinklers are on. The quick rain shower had the same effect. I breathed deeply and inhaled the scent of fresh peppermint as I hurried by on my errand.

The rain only lasted a mile or two, and the next field I noticed was dry and golden with bales of newly mowed hay scattered throughout. Even though it's still July, it reminded me that summer is already waning. The days slip by so quickly, and in our haste to "get everything done" we hardly have time to slow down to appreciate the little things around us.

Life is like that, isn't it? There is no way I have time to do all the things I think I need to do, not to mention all the things I'd like to do. The seasons of life are hurtling by as quickly as the days of the year, and there's nothing we can do to slow things down a bit!

Once again I was reminded of how grateful I am for the hope of Heaven! Just thinking of the "eternalness" of it all was enough to make me Homesick!

2 comments:

DC said...

YOU ARE THE WINNER OF ONE OF MY GIVE-AWAYS! PLEASE CONTACT ME AS SOON AS POSSIBLE WITH AN ADDRESS.

CONGRATULATIONS!
Deborah

DC said...

Hello Dear...would you please contact me with you mailing address! You have won in my give-away!

Deborah