Friday, August 24, 2007

Blogging...

I really enjoy having a blog. I like to post fun things that I think would be of general interest to those who know me... and to those who don't know me, but have similar interests. I do find things to post about on a regular basis, but I'm not sure how interesting they are. Ultimately, my goal would be to take the time to write more of my own thoughts... but I don't seem to do that very often.

So I've been thinking about what I enjoy in other people's blogs. Some people just journal about their daily lives. If I know them personally, I find that interesting. I even read a few blogs like that of people I don't know just because they can tell a good story and make me laugh! On my blog, I do tell a little bit about my family's activities, but not a lot of the day-to-day stuff... mostly for privacy reasons. I consider posting to the internet akin to publishing in every newspaper in the world. No, everybody in the world is not going to read it... but they could! That's kinda scary. So I don't use my blog as a "Dear Diary".

Some blogs I read are inspirational and encouraging. I'd like to write more of those kinds of articles... and maybe I will... eventually.

Other blogs I read are interest-focused... these include blogs about home-decorating, books, home-schooling, home-making. I think this is more what my blog tends to be, with a little of "all-of-the-above" mixed in! (If you get the impression that I'm a home-body, you would be right! Or is there such a thing as a home-body who loves to travel? I love to go on trips, but when we're "home" I like to stay home... I don't enjoy a lot of outside-the-house activities and running around.)

What kinds of blogs do you read? Why do you read mine? My nephew, Jon, encouraged his blog readers to come out of "lurkdom" just once, to let him know they were there... so I'm going to do the same. And there's an added perk for you! Everyone who comments within the next week will be entered in a drawing for a free copy of an Amish novel, A Sister's Secret (see post below).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I always love reading anything you write, and would enjoy reading the book, but how can you enter my name in your drawing when I can't figure out how to get this thing to show you my idenity and I just show up as anonymous? Maybe when you call I will remember to tell you. The girls know!

Farrah said...

Hi Karla! Was thinking about you yesterday, decided to read your blog, and I'm glad I did! It's been months since I last visited your site. You're doing a fine job posting regularly, and it looks great! Maybe I'll send you an e-mail and tell you what's going on in our life! :-)

Dori said...

i'm so honored that mine is one of the blogs you enjoy...I know it's because you have a special place in your heart for one certain little boy...and his sisters.

Karla said...

Well, that... and 'cuz I love my sister! ;-) I'd say it's a toss-up! (You don't expect me to choose favorites between you and your kids, do ya?)