Monday, October 22, 2007

Menu Plan Monday

I didn't totally stick to my plan last week, but that's okay... at least I had a plan... and that helped! One problem I'm having in my planning is that we are trying to avoid dairy products for one of the kids (hopefully temporarily) so it's a real challenge to come up with main dishes that don't include cream-of-something-soup, milk, sour cream, cheese, etc. I'm not being real strict about it, as it is not an allergy or anything, but when the item is particularly "creamy" or "cheesy" we are trying to avoid it. (Fortunately, on the pizza night she is satisfied with bread sticks and salad!) Any suggestions for simple non-dairy meals?

For this week I've come up with:
Monday: sloppy joes, tater tots, cole slaw
Tuesday: chicken cacciatore, green beans
Wednesday: pizza, bread sticks, salad
Thursday: sausage and rice casserole with mixed vegetables
Friday: taco soup, tortilla chips, salsa (we didn't have it last week)

2 comments:

tegdirb92 said...

what a delicious meal plan this week! Have a great Monday.

Natalie said...

Sounds like a yummy menu. That would be hard to avoid dairy. I like to cook chicken in a crockpot with salsa then shred the chicken for tacos or nachos. You could do that and the one who can't have dairy can stay away from the cheese and sour cream.