Thursday, November 8, 2007

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #7

13 Things I'd Like to Do Sometime That I've Never Done
  1. Write a book.
  2. Have the book I write published.
  3. Learn to spin (which would involve aquiring a spinning wheel and having a place to keep it!).
  4. Learn to weave (which, like spinning, would involve elaborate equipment).
  5. Take a road trip the length of historic Route 66.
  6. Take a road trip to Alaska (in the summertime!).
  7. Travel cross country by train.
  8. Take a cruise.
  9. Visit England.
  10. Visit New England (the northeastern states).
  11. Visit the Old South (the southeastern states).
  12. Have chickens (but that would not be conducive to traveling...)
  13. Own a house with a big front porch, a fireplace, and a view of the mountains (...might as well throw that in while I'm dreaming!).

7 comments:

Deb said...

Nice Thursday Post! I love Thursdays since Earl, ER, Greys Anatomy is on! No laundry after 7:30 and kids are bathed and in their rooms by 7:35 so at 7:55 I can sit down and wait for the show to begin! Hope you have a great Thursday, please stop by my blog if you get a chance! Happy TT!

DEB

April Elizabeth said...

i live in new england!!! come in the fall (like before now) otherwise its too cold/hot. but fall here is beautiful

YummY! said...

I already live in the "Old south", but could go for a large front porch and some chickens myself.

jenn said...

When I read #3, I was going to tell you to put your arms straight out, and move your feet in a little circle!
Happy TT!

Marie said...

I want chickens too! I love chickens!

Holly said...

Wow, I've done #1, #2, #8, *10, and #11. You can keep #12 though - LOL.

Happy TT-13! And keep writing.

Smiles,

Holly
http://theabundanceplace.com

Noelle said...

Hi, cool list!! I think spinning would be fun too, but isn't there a way to do it by hand? I've wove before, and depending how much you want to hand-weave, it isn't very elaborate. (Unless you want a machine loom that is.) I had a wood loom, a shuttle, (the thing you weave with,) and a couple sheds, (the thing you can use to go back and forth if you want.) I did a TT list too, it's here: http://lifes-adventures.net