Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Bubblegum Afghan

This throw really doesn't have anything to do with bubblegum, except that's what the colors remind me of. My 15-year-old daughter picked out the colors and pattern, and helped me crochet it for her room. Her bottom bunk is a double bed that flips up into a couch... and her bedspread (shown) and curtains have some of these same colors. It is made of the cotton yarn that I am enjoying working with so much. I just finished it this weekend. I thought it turned out really cute!

6 comments:

Hope said...

You and your daughter did a wonderful job. The afghan looks good enough to "chew"!! :)

Hugs,
Hope

The Going Blog said...

That's alot of color changing but it is also what makes it adorable. I like to crochet with thread but that afghan looks like a fun project.

Rachel said...

Karla, You've amazed me again! Tell Laura I love her color choices.

Dori said...

I'm sure she loves it. It's just beautiful!!!

Vader's Mom said...

I love those colors and how the bear blends in.

Fun job!

Jewlz said...

Wow! I love those colours! They blend really well. I love the idea of crocheting a throw, I'll have to look up how to crochet.