Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Forever Stamps

Did you know that postage is going to go up again in May? A first-class stamp will cost 42 cents after May 12. I s'pose it shows my age to say I remember when you could mail a letter for 8 cents. I think it was 13 cents when I first starting writing letters at age 12 or so. By the time I got married, it was 22 cents.

Anyway... do you know about the Forever stamps? Last year when postage went up to 41 cents the post office started selling these Liberty Bell "Forever" stamps for 41 cents each. Big deal, huh? Well, the cool thing is, they will always (forever, supposedly) be good for mailing a first-class letter no matter what the current price of postage is. So, you can stock up now for 41 cents a piece, but use them to mail letters even after the price goes up to 42 cents (or more in the future). Cool, huh?

Saving money on postage... works for me!

7 comments:

Farrah said...

We have some of those! Love 'em!

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, Never heard of such a thing. Thanks for the information. xoRachel

P.S. I just wrote you a humongous reply to your question over on my blog. I think it is the longest comment I've ever made, and just to think that it is on my own blog! (smile)

Denise said...

I can't help but wonder how long "forever" will be ;) .Kinda like "lifetime" warranties? Smile! Anyway, if it's only a few months, it'll save $ and I'm all for that!

Hope your packing is going well. Been thinking of you.

Have a delightful day!

Kacey said...

No, I did not know it was going up. Again. The thing that bugs me, is the last two times the stamps increased, first rolls they printed of new stamps didn't have the amount on them. Just the graphic. So later you find them and sit there and wonder how much they're worth.

Just little ol'me said...

I love the forever stamps. I bought 3 books of the forever stamps and keep one in my purse just in case I need to mail something last minute.

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

I need to run out and buy some of those forever stamps! Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Penny

Heart of Wisdom said...

Thanks for the reminder. I need to go out and get some more.

Good Job Mom!
robin@heartofwisdom
http://heartofwisdom.com/heartathome