Monday, March 31, 2008

Menu Plan Monday


I'm finding that this menu plan thing is really working for me. It was hard to get into the habit, but it save so much time (and money!) by planning ahead. If you haven't done it before, I encourage you to try it!

I've added lunch menus to my planning since we now live close enough to where my husband works that he can come home for lunch. And I'm also adding a "tea" menu (see previous post)!

Monday~~
Lunch: baked potato, butter, sour cream, bacon bits, cheese, broccoli
Tea: tuna salad sandwiches, orange slices, peanut butter cookies
Supper: chicken enchiladas, spanish rice

Tuesday~~
Lunch: Li'l Smokies in barbecue sauce, macaroni and cheese, sliced apples
Tea: cream cheese sandwiches, celery sticks, coffee cake
Supper: tater tot casserole, corn

Wednesday~~
Lunch: turkey sandwiches, cottage cheese, pineapple slices
Tea: egg salad sandwiches, carrots, cookies
Supper: chili dogs, cheese, crackers

Thursday~~
Lunch: ham sandwiches, chips, canned pears
Tea: scones with mock devonshire cream, pretzels, bananas
Supper: taco soup, tortilla chips, salsa

Friday~~
Lunch: grilled cheese sandwiches, tomato soup, celery with peanut butter
Tea: PB&J sandwiches, cheese crackers, apple slices
Supper: rice supreme casserole

5 comments:

Carole said...

Karla, I have several friends who plan their week's menu just like you did. I know it would be a tremendous help, but I just can't seem to get there. Too often it's the middle of the afternoon and I suddenly think, "Okay, what can I fix for supper tonight?" LOL

Thanks for the inspiration and the tea time idea also.

A Romantic Porch said...

OK Karla, Now I have to say that's inspiring. I wonder if I'll do anything about it except be inspired! Wait a minute...what's this about new pictures on my blog. Don't you know I always try to use new pictures! Love,"Uncle" Rachel

Farrah said...

Tea time planned right along with the other meals! How cool is that? I love it!

Dori said...

What? No tea with your tea?

Denise said...

You are great, Karla! And wise, too! What with trying to get settled into a new home and doing school work, menu planning makes life so much easier! It only takes 5 or 10 minutes but the stress it relieves and the time it saves putting a meal together would make one think it took hours!

I enjoyed reading your tea menus, too. Great ideas! I usually try to fix enough for supper that we can have left overs for lunch ~ or a variation thereof. Lately, it hasn't been working too well since DJ's always starving ;) ! Smile!

Thank you for sharing all your wonderful ideas. Have a lovely week!