Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #18 - G

Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with the letter G:
  1. Garrett. My sweet nephew.
  2. General Store. Aren't old-timey little stores just so interesting? My kitchen has (will have) a general store theme.
  3. Generosity. One of husband's best traits.
  4. Genealogy. I am fascinated with family history.
  5. Geranium. Such a cheerful flower that I enjoy growing in the summer. One year I brought one in the house for the winter and it bloomed again the next summer. It didn't survive the second winter, but I have one from last summer that looks like it's going to make it through this winter. Wonder if I can keep it a second winter?
  6. Geocaching. A fun family hobby. Check it out here.
  7. Gingham. One of my favorite fabrics. I especially like red checks!
  8. Girls. Fun to be and fun to parent!
  9. Gold Rush. My Great-great-great-grandfather Easley went west (from Arkansas) for the California Gold Rush in 1850. He only made it as far as Utah where he died of drinking alkali water. His son, my great-great-grandfather, was only 2. Isn't that an interesting story? That's why I like genealogy! Our ancestors actually lived history!
  10. GPS. A really cool gadget we enjoy on road trips (and geocaching).
  11. Grammy. What my kids call my mother.
  12. Grandparents. I have been privileged to know all 4 of mine, as well as 3 of my great-grandparents.
  13. Grateful. I am so blessed! I try to live with an attitude of gratitude.

6 comments:

Shari said...

A generous husband and a grateful wife - what a good combination.

Farrah said...

First, I'm not on there, then Greg isn't on there! Well, I never!

Wait a minute...That would be weird if he was on there after I wasn't. Scratch that!

Although...now that I think on it, we both should have been on the lists! ;-)

Julia said...

What a wonderful "G" in your life :) I hope it or they continue to be the things in your life :)

Happy TTs have a good day
Julia-Yen

Denise said...

I wondered if you would take the time for your busy moving schedule to post today! As always, it's very interesting. I really enjoy your alphabetising things in your life.
Have a wonderfull day!

A Romantic Porch said...

"G" that's awesome. You just forgot Going...(smiling)

Dori said...

I loved your first "G". My boy sure is the sweetest child!