Thursday, March 27, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #20 - H

Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with the letter H:
  1. Heaven. So grateful that "this world is not my home"!
  2. Hebrews 11. I memorized it the summer of 2003. Unfortunately, my "middle-aged" brain doesn't retain it as well as the verses and chapters I memorized as a child. I need to brush up on it again. Wonderful account of the heroes of the faith!
  3. Heirlooms. The few I have are not worth much monetarily, but I cherish them because of the memories and the heritage they represent. Speaking of which...
  4. Heritage. I am also grateful for the Godly example set by my parents, grandparents, and great-parents... and no doubt even earlier generations that I never knew.
  5. Highways. Let's go! You never know what adventure awaits over the next hill or around the next bend!
  6. History. One of my favorite subjects.
  7. Hobbies. Let's see... reading, writing, blogging, crocheting, knitting, old time radio, genealogy, camping, road trips... just to name a few of the main ones... oh, and did I happen to mention reading?
  8. Holiness. "...without which no man shall see the Lord."
  9. Homemaking. It seems I'm always striving to do a better job of this.
  10. Homeschooling. Something I never imagined I would do... yet now I can't imagine raising my kids any other way.
  11. Husband. My best friend and the love of my life.
  12. Hymns. My favorite kind of music.

8 comments:

MissMeliss said...

Happy TT - Great list. I'm not sure you have enough hobbies, however...

pussreboots said...

#5 is my favorite. Happy TT.

Millie said...

I am enjoying your writing. I have some of the same interests.
Thanks for dropping in at my blog
Millie

Carole said...

What a great theme, Karla! I'll have to go back and read your previous "letters."

I can especially relate to #4 - the godly heritage of parents and grandparents, and #11 - our love of hymns.

Now you've got me wanting to create my own list!

nfhays said...

HEY!! I should be on here!! er, maybe I'll make it on the "s" one for sister? I really enjoy perusing your blog when I have a few moments...

Farrah said...

This one is strongly bent in a spiritual direction. Awesome!

I half expected "reading, writing" to be following by "and arithmetic." Hee-hee!

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, Once again, you've interested me with your interesting list. How interesting! Love,Rachel

e-Mom said...

I loved this post. Clever, clever idea. There's a lot of H's to be grateful for, aren't there... like highways (yes, travel) and history (I majored in Art history.)

BTW, nice to meet you. I'm here by way of Tricia Goyer's blog tour. When you get a chance, stop by and say Hi!

Blessings,

e-Mom @ Chrysalis
http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com