Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Piano Basket

Remember my decorating dilemma a few weeks ago of what to put on the top of the piano? I wanted spring flowers in a basket to reflect the Norman Rockwell picture on the wall behind it, but the square basket I had just wasn't working for me. I wanted something large and shallow, but more rounded. And I found just what I was looking for at a garage sale for a dollar!It's the same general size and shape of what I had before, but it is gently rounded and has a handle, so I like it much better! The handle is just high enough for the hymnals to stand under it. Perfect! I added a folded lace tablecloth to cover the entire top of the piano and a lamp. I'm not sure the figurine goes there, but until something better strikes me it will do.

Just thought you might like to see how it's coming together... and the Basket Carnival at Organizing Junkie seemed a good excuse to show you!

7 comments:

Toots said...

Very pretty, Karla. Thanks for updating us! It's fun to see.

Adeline's Shabby Cottage said...

Very pretty!! I always wonder what to put on my piano as well. It changes often lol!! Do stop by and visit again soon!!

:)Brittany

Grateful Gramma said...

You're right. That basket is perfect for the location!

Farrah said...

I do like that better, Karla! Yay! Decorating can be so fun! :-)

Penny @ Lavender Hill Studio said...

Very pretty Karla. I love how it is all coming together. What a bargain for that basket!
Penny

pse said...

The arrangement looks nice.

Org Junkie said...

Oh wow that's a terrific garage sale find, isn't that the best!!