Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Thirteen - Edition #28 - "P"

Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with P:
  1. Pallie Sue. My mother. She was named after a distant cousin. We have never heard of anyone else named "Pallie". Have you?
  2. Pansy. One of my favorite flowers.
  3. PaPa. What my dad's grandkids call him (and what I called my dad's dad). My great-grandfather on my mother's side, who died when I was 13, was also called PaPa.
  4. Paperback Swap. A great website for trading books you no longer want for those you do. I've been a member for about 3 years and I've swapped dozens of books.
  5. Piano. "My" instrument. I don't play as well as I would like... but that would be because I don't take the time to practice.
  6. Pine trees. I love the crisp fragrance on the air in the early morning.
  7. Popcorn. My favorite snack. It's a family tradition!
  8. Porches. I love houses with big porches. Ours is more of a deck, but I still enjoy it.
  9. Porch Swing. Every porch needs one! It's kinda like a "flirting bench" but more comfortable.
  10. Porter. Gene Stratton Porter (who wrote Freckles and Girl of the Limberlost) and Eleanor Porter (who wrote Pollyanna and Just David) are two of my favorite vintage authors. As far as I know, they are not related.
  11. Print Shop. Where my husband works. I've always enjoyed being married to a printer. With as much as I like to write and create, it has turned out to be quite handy!
  12. Promises. I respect and admire people who keep their promises.
  13. Publish. I publish a public-domain set of readers from the 1960s: the "I See Sam" books. Anybody remember those?

3 comments:

pse said...

What a great collection of P's. You amaze me.

A Romantic Porch said...

Hhhmmm...porch swings and flirting benches. i love them.

Farrah said...

I had never heard of the Sam books until I saw them on your site. Do you sell many of them?

Always enjoy your alphabet lists! :-)