- Pallie Sue. My mother. She was named after a distant cousin. We have never heard of anyone else named "Pallie". Have you?
- Pansy. One of my favorite flowers.
- PaPa. What my dad's grandkids call him (and what I called my dad's dad). My great-grandfather on my mother's side, who died when I was 13, was also called PaPa.
- Paperback Swap. A great website for trading books you no longer want for those you do. I've been a member for about 3 years and I've swapped dozens of books.
- Piano. "My" instrument. I don't play as well as I would like... but that would be because I don't take the time to practice.
- Pine trees. I love the crisp fragrance on the air in the early morning.
- Popcorn. My favorite snack. It's a family tradition!
- Porches. I love houses with big porches. Ours is more of a deck, but I still enjoy it.
- Porch Swing. Every porch needs one! It's kinda like a "flirting bench" but more comfortable.
- Porter. Gene Stratton Porter (who wrote Freckles and Girl of the Limberlost) and Eleanor Porter (who wrote Pollyanna and Just David) are two of my favorite vintage authors. As far as I know, they are not related.
- Print Shop. Where my husband works. I've always enjoyed being married to a printer. With as much as I like to write and create, it has turned out to be quite handy!
- Promises. I respect and admire people who keep their promises.
- Publish. I publish a public-domain set of readers from the 1960s: the "I See Sam" books. Anybody remember those?
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Thursday Thirteen - Edition #28 - "P"
Continuing with my alphabet theme, here are 13 things in my life that start with P:
at 5:00 AM