Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Home Again!

"Only" 10 hours in the car today. We were grateful to get home safely. We had a wonderful time but we're exhausted... and it's back to work tomorrow.

We enjoyed spectacular scenery as we hurtled across the country. I was surprised at some of the pictures I managed to take from the car at 70 mph!

I-90 weaving through the mountains of north Idaho.

"Purple mountains majesty."
Taken from the WalMart parking lot in Butte, Montana.

Somewhere in Wyoming.

There were several prairie dogs along the highway near a toll booth in Colorado.

Crossing the Mississippi River near St. Louis.

Driving past the Indianapolis Speedway.

Chicago skyline.

Sunset in North Dakota.

13 comments:

Farrah said...

Sorry I am just now getting caught up on friends' blogs. However, I was following along with your trip via e-mail updates! That was neat!

Welcome back home where your own cozy bed is probably feeling quite nice. :-)

Oh! Yes, I really did that hike! I know! I KNOW!! *shaking my head in amazement*

Kelli said...

Welcome home! I'll bet it feels great! You visited lots of beautiful places!
~Kelli

A Romantic Porch said...

Your photos are so beautiful. I especially like the one of the Speedway. It's just perfect.

We are THAT Family said...

Amazing car photography. Super impressed.

Have a new respect for WalMart too.

Thanks for sharing!

Tammy said...

Your photos are so beautiful! I especially like the sunset one.

Cheri-Beri said...

I, too, am impressed at the calibre of your car photography. I lived in Boise for a few years as a child. We drove from there to NC more than once for our summer vacation! I know the meaning of road trip - like obviously you do, too!

a Tonggu Momma said...

Stellar car photography. It really reminds one to appreciate beauty even the smallest glimpses of beauty.

Nancy M. said...

Nice pictures! I love the prarie dogs!

Happy Mommy said...

I love car photo's! Looks like a great trip!

Shannon said...

Amazing what you see out the window of a car! Looks like you got to see a lot of America.

Shara said...

Beautiful photographs!!

Shana said...

Beautiful pictures! What a neat way to spend your vacation. :o)

Lisa @ Stop and Smell the Chocolates said...

Great pictures! Wow, you were everywhere. When you were in Butte, you were close to the town I grew up in - Helena.