Monday, August 4, 2008

Marriage Monday

It's Marriage Monday and the topic for this month is Men and "Play". So I thought I'd share a couple of fun quizzes I've come across recently that seem to fit with that theme.

Have you seen the 1930s Marital Scale? What a hoot! Head on over and take the test, then let me know what your score is. I'm curious!

99

As a 1930s wife, I am
Very Superior

Take the test!


I did pretty well, even though I don't give my husband shampoos or manicures. I'd be willing to. He just wouldn't let me! (I do cut his hair, though. It seems like that should count!) Grandmother was a 1930s bride... I wonder if she gave Granddaddy shampoos and manicures? Somehow, I doubt it.

On the plus side, I am always "polite and mannerly even when alone with husband." What? Am I going to be sweet in public and then turn into a shrew the minute we are alone? I can't imagine living like that! But probably there are some who do (or did). How sad.

Oh, and the seams in my hose are never crooked! Mostly because I hardly ever wear hose anymore, and when I do, they are the seamless sort! I am guilty of walking around the house in my "stocking" (sock) feet, though.

Please don't ask me what "marital congress" is. I finally figured it out, but if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!

I filled in the husband's quiz, too, and he did even better than I did. That's probably why I'm "such a good wife"... because I have such a "very superior" husband!

156

As a 1930s husband, mine is
Very Superior

Take the test!


Speaking of husbands, Farrah recently tagged me for this quiz:
  1. Who is your man? Lyle.
  2. How long have you been together? We started getting to know each other 25 years ago this summer. We've been married 22 1/2 years.
  3. How long did you date? Well, let's see... I think that math comes out to 2 1/2 years! But then... we're still dating!
  4. How old is your man? Exactly 44 years and 1 day.
  5. Who eats more? He does, of course.
  6. Who said I love you first? He did.
  7. Who is taller? He is, by 3 inches.
  8. Who sings better? He does. I love to hear him sing.
  9. Who is smarter? He is.
  10. Whose temper is worse? I dunno. I think that one would probably be a draw. Neither of us has a bad temper.
  11. Who does the laundry? Our younger daughter.
  12. Who takes out the garbage? Our younger daughter.
  13. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Right now, he does. But we switch sometimes. Neither of us has a preference.
  14. Who pays the bills? We both do. He pays some. I pay some.
  15. Who is better with the computer? He is, definitely.
  16. Who mows the lawn? Lyle or our older daughter.
  17. Who cooks dinner? Our older daughter.
  18. Who drives when you're together? He does. Always. The only time I do is if we are driving all night on a long trip and it's the wee hours of the morning and he gets sleepy. Then he'll let me drive.
  19. Who is most stubborn? Probably me.
  20. Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? This one's probably another draw. We're both pretty good about that.
  21. Whose parents do you see the most? Mine. His were in Africa for most of the time we've been married. It's been less than 5 months since we've seen mine, and almost 4 years since we've seen his.
  22. Who asked who out? He asked me out, of course.
  23. Who proposed? He did, of course!
  24. Who is more sensitive? Probably me.
  25. Who has more friends? Probably me. Lyle is pretty reserved.
  26. Who has more siblings? We both have four. I am the oldest of five. He is the youngest of five.
  27. Who wears the pants in the family? He does, of course... and that's the way I like it!
  28. How did you meet? See this post.

1st Monday Every Month at Chrysalis
Want this button?

9 comments:

Andrea said...

What a fun post! I plan to take the quiz later today and I'll ask hubby to do the same. I'm feeling like I'm a grade school again (getting nervous about the pop quiz!) No matter what our scores, I'm sure we'll have a good laugh!

Thanks for sharing!

Megan said...

35
As a 1930s wife, I am
Poor

Guess I am glad that I am not in the 1930s! :)

e-Mom said...

What a fun post!!! You sound extremely happily married to your Lyle. Congrats on 22 1/2 years!

Marital congress? Lol, sounds a tad political... or something!

Thanks for joining us for Marriage Monday today, Karla. :~D

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, That is a cute "meme" you did! I never thought about you being the oldest of 5 and he the youngest. Neat! I took that marriage quizz the other day, and got 106...I saw some areas that I need to improve...gonna start working on those! xorachel

Lynn said...

What a cute questionair. You two are perfect. I loved reading your post. thank you for sharing your life with me.

Joy said...

What a cute post. Fun to get to know you better. Neat story of how you met also. Hope you have many more happy years together!

Tammy said...

This was fun...you took this topic in a whole different direction! :)

I am going to run over and take the quiz now...because I love all things old-fashioned, so it will be interesting to see if I even come close!

Blessings,
~Tammy

The Surrendered Scribe said...

What fun this was to visit. I never heard of that 1930's quiz, how fun.

You sound like a couple pursuing daily oneness---good for you!

Farrah said...

Now what do YOU do around the house?? Between Lyle and your two daughters, sounds like you have life pretty easy! (Yes, I'm still jealous that you have a daughter who cooks. And as if that wasn't bad enough, now I have to be jealous that you have a daughter who does the laundry and takes out the garbage!) ;-)