Have you seen the 1930s Marital Scale? What a hoot! Head on over and take the test, then let me know what your score is. I'm curious!
As a 1930s wife, I am
I did pretty well, even though I don't give my husband shampoos or manicures. I'd be willing to. He just wouldn't let me! (I do cut his hair, though. It seems like that should count!) Grandmother was a 1930s bride... I wonder if she gave Granddaddy shampoos and manicures? Somehow, I doubt it.
On the plus side, I am always "polite and mannerly even when alone with husband." What? Am I going to be sweet in public and then turn into a shrew the minute we are alone? I can't imagine living like that! But probably there are some who do (or did). How sad.
Oh, and the seams in my hose are never crooked! Mostly because I hardly ever wear hose anymore, and when I do, they are the seamless sort! I am guilty of walking around the house in my "stocking" (sock) feet, though.
Please don't ask me what "marital congress" is. I finally figured it out, but if you don't know, I'm not going to tell you!
I filled in the husband's quiz, too, and he did even better than I did. That's probably why I'm "such a good wife"... because I have such a "very superior" husband!
As a 1930s husband, mine is
Speaking of husbands, Farrah recently tagged me for this quiz:
- Who is your man? Lyle.
- How long have you been together? We started getting to know each other 25 years ago this summer. We've been married 22 1/2 years.
- How long did you date? Well, let's see... I think that math comes out to 2 1/2 years! But then... we're still dating!
- How old is your man? Exactly 44 years and 1 day.
- Who eats more? He does, of course.
- Who said I love you first? He did.
- Who is taller? He is, by 3 inches.
- Who sings better? He does. I love to hear him sing.
- Who is smarter? He is.
- Whose temper is worse? I dunno. I think that one would probably be a draw. Neither of us has a bad temper.
- Who does the laundry? Our younger daughter.
- Who takes out the garbage? Our younger daughter.
- Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Right now, he does. But we switch sometimes. Neither of us has a preference.
- Who pays the bills? We both do. He pays some. I pay some.
- Who is better with the computer? He is, definitely.
- Who mows the lawn? Lyle or our older daughter.
- Who cooks dinner? Our older daughter.
- Who drives when you're together? He does. Always. The only time I do is if we are driving all night on a long trip and it's the wee hours of the morning and he gets sleepy. Then he'll let me drive.
- Who is most stubborn? Probably me.
- Who is the first to admit when they are wrong? This one's probably another draw. We're both pretty good about that.
- Whose parents do you see the most? Mine. His were in Africa for most of the time we've been married. It's been less than 5 months since we've seen mine, and almost 4 years since we've seen his.
- Who asked who out? He asked me out, of course.
- Who proposed? He did, of course!
- Who is more sensitive? Probably me.
- Who has more friends? Probably me. Lyle is pretty reserved.
- Who has more siblings? We both have four. I am the oldest of five. He is the youngest of five.
- Who wears the pants in the family? He does, of course... and that's the way I like it!
- How did you meet? See this post.
Want this button?