Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Kitchen Window

I wanted to participate in the Enchanted Window Party going on a couple of days ago, but I didn't get my pictures taken in time... so I'll just show you my kitchen window as part of Works for Me Wednesday.

My kitchen window is my favorite in our house, because it has such a nice wide window-sill for knick-knacks, but mainly because I have such a great view of the sunset every evening. I think this is the first time my kitchen has overlooked the sunset!


Now, for my "works for me" tip... I actually borrowed this idea from Martha who uses decorative baskets for all kinds of practical things around her home. She stores her spice packets in a pretty little basket hanging on the wall. I've had the tin Coke letter sorter for a couple of years, but hadn't really used it for anything practical until I saw her idea, and decided it was a perfect place to store Kool-aid packets. Then last Saturday I found the cute coffee-themed pocket banner in my kitchen colors at a garage sale. I hung it on the opposite side of the window and stored my larger spice packets in it. I found it really helps to get those cluttery little envelopes out of the cupboard, but still handy.


So... that was going to be my "works for me" tip for the week, but as it turns out, I have a bonus tip to share, too! I sometimes receive different products from BzzAgent to try out and then talk about, and my latest product to try is Pledge Multi-Surface cleaner. When I went to take the pictures of my kitchen window I noticed that the window sill was dusty and the window was smudged. It was so convenient to be able to use one bottle of spray cleaner for both surfaces! I have found that it really does work great on both wood and glass... and Lyle discovered it is also great for cleaning dusty electronics. One step cleaning. Works for me!

3 comments:

The Apron Queen said...

Love the sunset! I'm jealous! :)

Confessions of an Apron Queen

Sherry said...

Beautiful!! I love watching sunrises and sunsets!

Carrie said...

Wonderful work and storage space!