Sunday, October 12, 2008

Random Facts Tag


It seems as though the Random Facts Tag is making the rounds again. I was tagged by Carolina to share 6 random things about myself. I have played before, but as I said last time, there's always something random to share!
  • I have always enjoyed writing. When I was growing up I wrote letters to missionary kids who were about my age. I was thrilled when they wrote back and we continued our correspondence for several years. We lost touch as we grew up, and 25 or 30 years have gone by. I have been delighted to reconnect with two of my girlhood MK pen pals this past year via social networking on the internet: Denise Rossman and Missy Haynes.
  • I published a monthly family newsletter for 18 years. Then everybody got email and flat-rate calling on their cell phones. That seemed to be the preferred way of keeping in touch, rather than a printed newsletter, so we transitioned to a Yahoo group for announcements.
  • I love reading aloud. When I was in high school the English teacher always allowed extra time at the end of class for us to read our literature assignment for the next day. One day she left the room and the other kids convinced me to read the assignment out loud. So I did! The teacher came back and couldn't believe everyone had already finished reading. Then they told her I read it to them. She thought that was great, and for the rest of the year she had me read to the class every day.
  • I hate shopping for clothes. Very un-girly of me, I know. I try to pick classic styles, so I don't have to worry about keeping up with the latest fashions. There are just so many other things I would rather do with my time and money than worry about clothes.
  • I have a southern accent. It's a mix of Louisiana and Arkansas. Even though I haven't lived in either state in over 25 years people still ask me where I'm from!
  • Election year randomness: The first president I remember is Richard Nixon. For some reason, the day he resigned and Gerald Ford took office sticks in my mind even though I was only in 3rd grade! The first president I voted for is Ronald Reagan. Now... figure out how old I am!
If you're just dying to know more about me, here are some other posts where I played Random Facts Tag:
The "rules" say I'm supposed to tag 6 more people to play, but this time I'm going to ask for volunteers! Would you like to play? Leave me a comment and let me know, so I can visit your blog to see your 6 random facts!

5 comments:

Dori said...

LOVE that picture of you! SO pretty!

Kalianne@BygoneBeauty said...

Oh Karla, I dislike clothes shopping too! I'm glad I'm not the only one! He he! It's been fun learning more about you!
Blessings,
Kalianne

Aliene said...

Karla, Seems we have some of the same interest. I somehow knew you had that southern accent, can't get away from you roots.

Hop over to kjvblogs.blogspot.com I was ask to write a Sunday Pearls Sharing post. We aare setting up a private post between a few to check out the blogs for each day and see what to put on each day. Deborah from Songs From My Journey is a Canada blogger who weites musuc etc. She is setting this up. It is in the early stages. But quite a few has joined.

pse said...

The first president I voted for was also Reagan, but I'm not your age! Guess I was just too busy before. Or maybe it just seemed more important to me by then.

Farrah said...

You did a fine job coming up with new stuff! I learned lots about you!