Monday, October 6, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


Outside my window... fall has arrived! It is cool and damp today.

I am thinking... that having teenagers is way more delightful than I was led to believe!

From the learning rooms... we have been reading about the early church and Christian beliefs.

I am thankful for... a comfortable home!

From the kitchen... hot oatmeal with real butter and brown sugar for breakfast. Perfect for a cool fall morning!

I am creating... a crocheted draw-string market bag.

I am wearing... a blue chambray jumper and a white long-sleeved t-shirt... and socks! My feet are cold!

I am reading... Understanding the Times, Wild Goose Chase, and A Beautiful Fall.

I am hoping... to go camping once more this season. We'll have to wait to see what the weather's like this weekend.

I am hearing... the girls going about their chores.

Around the house... I want to finish getting my office/library organized and decorated. I am loving this room!

One of my favorite things... brightly colored mums and pansies that defy the cooling weather.

A few plans for the rest of the week... nothing definite beyond the normal routine.

(My "picture thought" is at the top of my post.)

Visit ~The Simple Woman~ for more simple "daybooks"!

***
Don't forget about the weekly book giveaways
going on at my book review blog:
Another Road to Ramble.
Winners announced each Monday!

7 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Beautiful mums. Pansies like cool weather best. I always loved camping in the Fall: Those cool mornings make one so hungry for breakfast. I like hiking throught the woods when there is a nip in the air. Honey Bear is joining Son-by-love and friends on a wilderness hike and campout this weekend. It is a little primitive for me but I hope he enjoys it.
Mama Bear

marye said...

the mums are gorgeous!
WE used to backpack in the Ozarks in the fall..ahhhh...good times!

gracy said...

Beautiful flowers!

I like teenagers! We're wonderful! ;)

-Gracy
"Refreshings"

Emily said...

That photo is so gorgeous!! I am so excited that fall is here too! The crisp air, the hot apple cider - the leaves changing colours. It is so beautiful! I enjoyed reading your daybook!

Farrah said...

What a pretty picture. I think you snapped that, right? It seems like I remember seeing a checkered blue and white tablecloth or something similar in your kitchen...

Glad to hear you are enjoying teenagers! Encourages me not to worry about those years! :-)

A happy heart at home said...

I love brightly colored mums on a crisp fall day!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend.

~Susan

Karen said...

Lovely blog! I enjoyed your Daybook. I agree, teenagers are wonderful. Challenging at times, but aren't we all?