Saturday, February 7, 2009

OTR Cat

I've mentioned before that I enjoy listening to old time radio shows, from the days before television when there were dramas and comedies as regular programming on the radio. It's been probably close to 12 years since I started collecting old-time radio shows, just about the same length of time we've been on the internet. For several years I swapped shows with other collectors via cassette tape or CD. Then high-speed internet came along and it became possible to download the shows I wanted in MP3 format, and then burn them to CDs myself. But... that's time-consuming, and it's been a few years since I've had time to do that, so I haven't added to my collection in quite awhile.

That's where "OTR Cat" comes in! Jon has a very extensive collection of Old Time Radio shows, and he makes them available at the very reasonable price of $5 (or less) per CD. And with the MP3 format, there is about 50 hours of programming per CD! Yes, you can definitely still download the shows you want, and burn your own CDs... but if you're like me and just don't have the time, this is a great source. Jon also offers a free daily download on the OTR Cat site, and includes a free OTR Sampler CD with your order.

2 comments:

TattingChic said...

Karla! I read your comment on my blog today! OMGosh! Congratulations! You've flipped!!! That's the hardest part about learning to tat. It's official...you're a tatter! Now after you learn the picot then you learn joining then you learn chains...blah blah blah! Oh, this is so exciting! I'm so proud of you! :)

A Romantic Porch said...

Karla, Florida in 2 weeks!!!?????????? How'd you get so lucky? AND I see you've added tatting now to your expertise! xorachel