Friday, February 20, 2009

Ramblin' Update

It's been a busy week!

Today is the last of the 6-week ski lessons that the girls have participated in this winter. They have made wonderful progress, thoroughly enjoyed it, and are already looking forward to next winter!

Tomorrow I get to go to Florida for a few days! I am very excited! Some of the other Sonlight consultants and I are getting together for a few days to do some training/brainstorming for the upcoming homeschool convention season. We usually do this about every-other year, but other times it's been in Denver. I've never been to Florida before... and with big piles of snow still surrounding me, I am really looking forward to warmer temperatures and sunshine for a few days.

I posted a list of homeschool conventions where I will representing Sonlight on my sidebar. If you homeschool and live in the northwest, I'd love to see you at one of the conventions. Stop by the Sonlight booth and tell me you read my blog! That would be fun!

My husband and his brother are hoping to finish up their construction project tomorrow after I leave. Someone asked what "we" are building and someone else wanted to know why we needed to put a beam up. They are expanding the print shop to make room for a very large piece of equipment that they are in the process of buying. They are extending the current press room into an adjacent garage, and so they needed to put in a ceiling, insulation, and drywall. The beam is to support the ceiling joists. My brother-in-law has construction experience and my husband is a pretty handy electrician, so they save a good bit of money by doing their own construction. When my granddaddy visited us several years ago he said they reminded him of his "boys"! I took that as high praise, indeed!

And now some "shout outs"! A few people took me up on my invitation to post the "Getting to Know You" quiz on their blogs. Check them out:

Dori @ A Moment in Time
Katey @ Crazy Homeschool Mama
Ramona @ The Rose in Winter

Nicol @ Classy and Sophisticated honored me with the Premio Dardos blog award. Premio Dardos means “prize darts” in Italian. It is given for recognition of cultural, ethical, literary, and personal values transmitted in the form of creative and original writing. Wow!! Really?Thanks, Nicol!

My aunt, Aliene @ Meditations and Memories, is celebrating her 100th post today. She started blogging last March. She loves comments, so pop over and say hello!

I guess that's it for today. I hope to have internet in Florida, so hopefully I can post from there! Stay warm!

4 comments:

Katey said...

awww Have fun in FL.! and at the slope...fever FINALLY broke this a.m. but no energy to snowboard....will you be doing the 3 weeks in March?

Emily said...

Have fun going to Florida! That sounds exciting! :)

TattingChic said...

How fun that your girls have gotten to take ski lessons.

Have fun in Florida! It sounds like a neat opportunity. I hope you remembered to take your tatting for the plane ride, LOL! It fits perfect in the purse!
;)

Farrah said...

I actually was fairly warm part of that time! In CA!! :-) We had a wonderful time, but it was wonderful to get back home. :-)