Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ski Lessons - Week 3

The girls are half through with their ski lessons. In case you missed it, I posted about the first week here. Last week was foggy and frosty, not a good day for taking pictures... well, except for the frosty trees. Each week the view of the valley from the lodge parking lot has been different. This past week it was clear and crisp.
The girls are enjoying their lessons. I'm amazed at how much they have already learned. Here they are headed for the fenced area where they meet their instructor and the other kids in their group.
The first week R had problems with the chair lift, and was just sure that skiing was not for her. But it didn't take her long to get the hang of it...
And here they come confidently skiing down the "bunny hill"!
L even got up her courage this week to try a different chair lift on a "blue square" (medium difficulty) slope. For only having 3 lessons, I was impressed that she was willing to try it! She said it was steeper than she expected, but she did great... and I'll just bet she'll be back up there this week!

6 comments:

Dori said...

I"m so impressed! I had one ski lesson/day in my life and that was on our honeymoon. WAY harder than I thought it would be.

Farrah said...

It's wonderful to hear they are enjoying their lessons! L is brave!! :-)

A Romantic Porch said...

Way to go! xo rachel

pse said...

Looks like fun, but I would be too cold to try it.

Laura said...

One of these days we will join them! Looks and sounds like so much fun!!!

TattingChic said...

Oh, the ski pics look like so much fun! I miss skiing! :)