Sunday, February 15, 2009

Ski Report - Week 5

Our skiing adventure this winter has been so much fun. I have been so amazed at how much progress the girls have made in just 5 weeks! No more fear of the chair lift...

In fact, the whole "never ever" class went all the way over the mountain! When I looked at the map of the mountain to see their route, I couldn't believe it. (If you click on the map, you can see it bigger.) Lodge #2 at the bottom of Ego Flats is where I hang out. Chair #5 goes to the top of the bunny slope, so of course, that's where they started 5 weeks ago. This week they took Chair #3 to the top, skiied all the way down the other side (I'm assuming on the "blue square" run to the right, not the "black diamond" run down the center) and took Chair #4 back up to the top and then back down the front side of the mountain from there. Impressive!

I've also enjoyed seeing the varied weather on the mountain from one week to the next, and taking pictures of the valley from the parking lot. This week I took a morning and afternoon shot of the same view. This first picture was about 8:15 a.m. ...

And here's the same view at about 3:15 p.m.
The girls say the views from the ski runs are "really pretty", too.

Makes me want to take up skiing!

1 comment:

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

My husband loves to ski, he goes to Colorado every year!

Did you go to Orlando this past weekend?

Katherine