Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Time

This was the quote on my Starbucks cup the other day...

"Americans spend an average of 29 hours a week watching television - which means in a typical life span we devote 13 uninterrupted years to our TV sets! The biggest problem with mass media isn't low quality - it's high quantity. Cutting down just an hour an day would provide extra years of life - for music and family, exercise and reading, conversation and coffee."
--Michael Medved,
Author of Right Turns and radio talk show host

I know many (most?) families probably watch a good deal more television than we do, but that much? Really? How in the world do people find time to watch that much?

My friend Laura @ Glimpses of Our World shared some thoughtful insights on television viewing recently. I agree with her assessment: I am challenged to watch even less!

After all, I would much rather have more time for "music and family, exercise and reading, conversation and coffee!"

Wouldn't you?

5 comments:

MuseSwings said...

Mmm - Starbucks!

I have an award for you on today's post - stop by!

steviewren said...

I probably watched too much television in the past...now I blog too much...

Thanks for visiting my blog spot today. Drop my anytime!

Katie said...

That quote always freaks me out when I see it. I know I'm probably in that category...I think I better go for a walk.

A Romantic Porch said...

Yep, lots of TV viewing going on...and now I think people are spending WAY WAY WAY more time than that on the computer. Scary huh? Life is passin' us by. xorachel

Farrah said...

I couldn't agree more!