Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Quilting

For St. Patrick's Day I thought it would be appropriate to show you my "Irish Chain Quilt" in the works! Several weeks ago I showed you my plans for my "bedroom makeover." I was so excited when I got the quilt top in the mail from my Mother! I am so pleased with how it turned out, and the combination of colors...
I just now got it all pinned together with the batting and the backing to begin quilting. Since it's a little larger than queen size, I'm sure it will take me months to get it quilted. Especially if I swap off between this and crocheting the curtain... which is my plan!
If you happen to quilt... and if you've won ribbons on your quilts at the fair, please don't look too closely at my stitching! I can't manage to achieve the tee-ninesy stitches that I've admired on prize-winning quilts at the fair.

But, I enjoy the process and I know I'll enjoy the finished product in my own bedroom, so I guess that's really what matters, isn't it?

9 comments:

HennHouse said...

It is so beautiful!!!

Emily said...

It's beautiful! There is something so relaxing and rewarding about quilting. I am still working on one for my daughter. I, too, am not an expert, but enjoy the process and happiness it brings! :) Have a wonderful day!!

Marjorie (Molly) Smith said...

This s so very lovely, can't wait to see it finished and in your bed room. Wewill want to see pictures.

Cherry Picker said...

It is so pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

This is beautiful Karla! I can't wait to see it finished! And I wouldn't have the foggiest idea how to start. So I wouldn't notice any stitches that weren't quite right :o)

Loida of the 2L3B's said...

This is such a very nice quilt..!

~Sara said...

This is beautiful. Some day I want to learn how to do this.

Farrah said...

I think it looks wonderful! Were you going to send me some pics for that painting? Of some dresses I think or . . . My memory is a little fuzzy on that conversation . . . I should have written it down what I was doing! Clothesline with some dresses, maybe flowers underneath, am I missing anything?

Deborah said...

Thank you so much for following me on twitter. I love to quilt and love this quilt. Greens are my fav.