Monday, March 2, 2009

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my window... the sun is coming up. There are patches of blue sky but also gray clouds with gilded edges and golden beams. Lovely!

I am thinking... about my booth design for the upcoming homeschool convention season.

From the learning rooms... trying to get back in our routine after being gone several days last week.

I am thankful for... early signs of spring: geese flying north, robins in the yard, primroses in the grocery store, and longer hours of daylight!

From the kitchen... homemade granola from a recipe Sheila gave me! (Lest you think it's terribly healthy... um, it has sweetened condensed milk in it... so not so much. But it is oh-so-yummy! If you want the recipe, you'll have to click through to Sheila's blog and ask her for it!)

I am wearing... the homeschool mom's uniform: a white t-shirt and a denim jumper. (No, I don't really wear this every day. It just happens to be what I am wearing today.) I also have on tan suede all-weather clogs and my favorite sherpa-fleece hoody.

I am reading... Christianity in Crisis: 21st Century by Hank Hanegraaff

I am hoping... to be able to get braces for my daughter soon.

I am creating... my new homeschooling blog: Roads to Learning.

I am hearing... the hum of the computer and the clack of my fingers on the keyboard.

Around the house... I so much appreciate how my daughters are able to keep up with the housekeeping while I work.

One of my favorite things... a good cup of coffee.

A few plans for the rest of the week... my daughter has a dentist appointment tomorrow, and we host Bible study in our home on Wednesday evening. Other than that, the calendar is open.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...
My daughter took this picture of a road in our neighborhood one day last week, at sunset after a fresh snowfall. She knows I like pictures of sunsets... and roads. I love the colors she captured!

10 comments:

pse said...

WOW! love that picture.

TattingChic said...

Nice picture. Sweet post! :)

MuseSwings said...

What a beautiful picture! I love the colors. You are a lot farther along in your day than I am in mine.

Domestically Inclined said...

I remember the days of the homeschool uniform! The days were so full of love, homeschool, ministry and family and friends that the uniform served me well! It looks like you have almost as much snow as we still do, although the sun is out today melting it all away.
God Bless

Emily said...

That photo is beautiful! I always enjoy reading your daybooks! Have a blessed week ahead!!

Coloradolady said...

THat is a beautiful photo. The colors are wonderful. Love this post.

Melissa said...

The picture is beautiful! Have a great week!

Laura said...

What a beautiful picture!

Farrah said...

I agree: The colors are SO pretty!

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

What a great picture! Hope you have a great week!