Monday, September 28, 2009

Crocheted Dog

A few weeks ago my niece emailed me the pattern for this cute crocheted dog, wondering if I would be interested in making it for her kids.
I thought he was just as cute as could be, and I always enjoy trying new crochet patterns. I had never crocheted toys before... so I wasn't sure what to expect. It turned out to be easier than I expected, though I had to keep careful count of my stitches.

My teen daughters were even impressed with the results. I'm thinking of making another one in black and white (instead of brown and off-white) for my own family! I guess you never out-grow a cute stuffy, do you?

Time to get in your carry bag, little doggy!
Off you go to live with Lillie and Titus and Zethan!

13 comments:

pse said...

So cute and all the accessories make it a really special gift.

Dori said...

Pssst...I know some little nieces and a nephew in North Texas that would like that too!

Katrina said...

That is so cute! I want one! haha

Emily said...

It's way cute!! I love it!

Heather said...

That is wonderful! I bet they will love him! Wow.

Ronda said...

ADORABLE! I love them! :)
It was so nice to hear from you...hope that you are enjoying your Fall! Here's to happiness, spicy scents and yummy comfort foods! :)

Renee said...

Really cute!

Michael Ann said...

He's really sweet! Nice job, Karla!

Country Veers said...

Oh yay, yay, yay!! I saw your title 'Crocheted dog' on my blog list and my heart jumped! Then when I saw it I got even more excited because it is so adorable!! I wasn't sure if you were going to have time to make it or not. Oh my goodness, I am so excited! Thank you so much for making it!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

He is adorable!!! I'm OLD and even I would like one of those!!!

He kinda reminds me of those little work sock monkeys people used to make.

Susan Marlow . . . said...

Hey, Karla!
I saw you leave a comment on Maja's blog and I thought, "I haven't said hi to Karla in forever!" How are things going?
I've got good news. Kregel is going to publish my chapter-book series (ages 6-8). Three a year. Can you believe that? I'm very excited! And you should see the illustrator's pics!

And say . . . if you want to review my new CCA book coming out in February, just e-mail me your mailing address and I'll put you on Kregel's influencer list. We could do a giveaway and everything on your blog, if you're interested, and you get a free book out of the deal. And tell your DD that I'm wearing my horse shirt as I type this. :-)

Constance said...

I have a new grandson and that is too cute!
Connie

A Romantic Porch said...

Oh Karla, that's darling! xo rachel