Thursday, October 15, 2009

First Things

I think this quiz went around on Facebook awhile back. Just thought it would make a fun blog post...

First Job: Age 14, babysitting for a little neighbor boy. I think I work 2 or 3 hours each afternoon, and made $10 a week!
First Real Job: Age 15, office "clerk" at the Girl Scout council office (mostly filing and making copies). I made minimum wage and was able to put most of it up for college.
First Favorite Politician: I voted for Ronald Reagan for president in 1984. I was 18.
First Car: The one I have now is the first car that we bought as "mine". We were a 1-car family up until that time. It's a Toyota Matrix.
First Sport Played: If you don't count being forced to play sports in P.E. ... then this is a "first" I haven't experienced. No plans to, either!
First Concert: I went to hear the Blackwood Brothers with a friend and her family when I was in junior high. I think that was probably my first exposure to Southern Gospel as such. I wasn't terribly impressed.
First Foreign Country Visited: Canada. We living in Lansing, Michigan when I was 5, and we drove to Detroit and crossed into Ontario for a day trip.
First Favorite TV Show: Little House on the Prairie. Or, at least, I thought it was. We didn't have TV at home when I was growing up, but when I found out there was a LHP show I wanted to see it so bad. I loved the books. Imagine my disappointment years later when I finally saw some episodes in re-runs to discover that the show didn't follow the books. I guess I didn't miss out on much after all.
First Girlfriend/Boyfriend: My husband.
First Encounter with a Famous Person: Gary Smalley assisted at my sister's wedding, and her reception was held at his home.
First Brush With Death: In 2001 I fell asleep while driving 70mph on the interstate. The car was totaled but my children and I walked away unscratched. That was so scary!
First House/Condo Owned: We bought a house in 1991 in El Dorado, Kansas.
First Film Seen: When I was a kid we would occasionally check out a projector and 16mm films from the library. The first one I remember is a Little Rascals silent movie: Saturday's Lesson. That was in the late 1970s... the movie was probably made in the 1920s! LOL!
First Favorite Radio Station: WTGN in Lima, Ohio when I was in high school.
First Book I Remember Reading: Tip. (The first reader in first grade.)
First Meme You Answered on Your Blog: December 2006. Christmas Get-to-Kn0w-You.

Lyle walked past as I was working on this post and asked, "Whatcha doin' with car pictures?" You can depend on it... if it has wheels and an engine it will catch his eye! I hate to disappoint him, but this post isn't really about cars. It just so happens that those are the "firsts" I have digital pictures of. Sorry, hon!

4 comments:

LV said...

What an interesting survey of your life. Bloggers learn more about someone in this manner.

Nancy M. said...

Wow, that is really lucky about that car accident! What a miracle!

Emily said...

Very fun to read! I always enjoy reading these - have a beautiful day! :)

Constance said...

Seeing the way your car was totaled from that accident had to be incredibly scary! Especially with your kids in the car! I remember when our kids were little and how angry I would get when other drivers drove recklessly and I knew that my kids were in the car with me. Thanks for letting us get to know you better!
Connie