Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sunrise

One of my favorite things about our home is how it is situated on the corner of a street, on a hill, with a wonderful view of the sky. I have mentioned before how much I love the sunsets... but we have an equally good vantage point to watch the sunrise, too. I don't see it as often, though, because in the summer I'm not up that early (4:30ish) and now that it's rising later in the morning, I just don't take time to slow down enough to appreciate it.
A couple days ago as I went to the kitchen for my first cup of coffee, the sunrise caught my eye. I regret that I don't have the photography expertise (or maybe it's just my camera... yeah, can we say that?) to properly capture the beauty of the moment.That was the day of my friend Kay's funeral. As I stood in awe of the beauty of the sunrise that morning, I thought about how glorious heaven must be. Then I realized that just as my camera can't capture the true beauty of the glorious sky... so we can't possibly comprehend what awaits us in heaven.
The sun shall no longer be your light by day,
Nor for brightness shall the moon give light to you;
But the Lord will be to you an everlasting light,
And your God your glory.

And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes;
there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying.
There shall be no more pain,
for the former things have passed away.
Isaiah 60:19, Revelation 21:4
I get a little Homesick sometimes, don't you?

6 comments:

Denise said...

Beautiful pictures, thoughts and word pictures, Karla! How beautiful heaven must be. The song that came to my mind as I read your post was, "Just think of stepping on shore and finding it heaven ..." Won't it be wonderful there? Thank you for this post.

The Watts Family said...

beautiful pictures a lovely view indeed~thanks for sharing Blessings Heather

Kelly L said...

What a beautiful word picture as well as photography, Karla. You are right ... our cameras often cannot capture the essence of a landscape, just as our minds cannot yet comprehend the descriptions we have of heaven. It will truly be AWEsome.

pse said...

Beautiful!

Nancy M. said...

Gorgeous pictures! Very true!

ChaChaneen said...

Thanks for visiting and commenting on my King Tut post! It is amazing how they carved those tiny details in gold, etc on many of those objects huh?

Lurve your sunrise pictures too, you take a fine picture! We can only imagine as the Mercy Me song says what it will be like!