Monday, November 9, 2009

America's Heritage - review

I try to be a careful shopper. I like to know about the quality of products before I buy. Advertisements always sound wonderful, but I find it helpful to be able to talk to someone who has actually used the product, or read reviews before I spend money on something. And that's one of the reasons I enjoy doing product reviews. Not only do I get to try out products, I can help my readers decide whether a particular product is worth the asking price or not.

Let me tell you right up front: This is one product I can, without qualification, say is definitely worth the price! That's because it's FREE! I got a free copy for review purposes as a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew, and if you are an educator, you can, too!The American Heritage Education Foundation is offering a history lesson plan resource for grades K-12, America's Heritage: An Adventure in Liberty. Teachers (including homeschool teachers) can download the pdf files for this resource or request a free CD.

The CD comes with 3 different levels: Elementary, Middle School, and High School. The lesson format was just a little drier than what I like. It is also designed more for classroom use, but I did print out and use several of the suggested activities. It includes games, worksheets, and other printable resources that I was able to incorporate into our American History notebook.

The website says it's a $150 value. I don't know that I would go so far as to put that value on it, at least not to me. But for FREE it's definitely a great resource! If you are teaching American history, or plan to in the future, you should check it out!

1 comment:

Nancy M. said...

Wow, free is my favorite! Thanks!