Sunday, November 15, 2009

Sunset Ridge

Sunsets come early this time of year. Today's sunset will be at 4:11 p.m. The thing is, the sky is usually just a dull gray, so at sunset time it just turns a darker dull gray. Blah!

But, on days it's not quite so cloudy the western sky is just brilliant for about a half hour before sunset. Which, as it turns out, is when I am often ready for a walk.
My walking route is about 8 blocks square (although our neighborhood is not divided into square blocks). On the west side of my walking route is a neighborhood aptly named Sunset Ridge.
It's the only part of my route that has an actual walking path winding behind the houses (instead of just a sidewalk along the street).

It's so amazing to me that each sunset can be so different. Click on the "sunset" tag below to see other sunsets that I've shared.

5 comments:

Aliene said...

Beautiful Sunset. It must be in our genes. I looked at a beautiful blue sky with flotting
blue clouds all the way home from church today. Nothin can improve on God's Beauty!

Joy said...

Beautiful photo's! I really need a new camera ;)

Alicia, The Snowflake said...

Oh how pretty! I love beautiful sunsets!

The Watts Family said...

Beautiful pictures~ We lived in a highrise for a few months when we were in Miami and it was amazing to watch the sunsets over the ocean. Thanks for sharing the gorgeous pics ~Blessings Heather

Nancy M. said...

Wow, sunset comes early there! Those are some beautiful pictures! I love it when God paints the sky for us!