Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Aroma of Christ

In my blog-hopping recently I came across this cheery graphic at The 160 Acrewoods. It caught my eye because I enjoy coffee so much... but I especially liked the verse that Amy Deanne put with the picture. She gave permission to use the graphic on our blogs, so I just took her up on it.

For me, coffee is more than just a beverage, it's this whole experience... the fragrance, the warmth of the mug, the flavor. It's actually more like a comfort food. Just the aroma makes me desire the whole "experience".

As a Christian, I want the "aroma" of my life to encourage others to seek the "experience" for themselves. I pray that it does.

6 comments:

Constance said...

Likewise for me, coffee is more about my morning routine than anything! Like today for example, I sit here, with my coffee laced with Carmel Apple Creamer as the Christmas lights on the tree twinkle and shine! I like the quietness of the morning and the solitude. After hitting my blogger friends, it's time to sit with my coffee and spend some time in the word. I love mornings, it's my 2nd favorite time of the day!
Connie

Mari said...

I don't drink coffee, but I sure like it's aroma! What a great illustration!

Emily said...

A wonderful inspiration!

Amydeanne said...

me too! I love the aroma, which is why this verse hit me! I don't wake up until i've got that yummy fragrance wafting through my nose! lol

Great post! :)

Laura said...

I'm so with you, Karla! Beautiful thought.

Kristi said...

So well said. I'm off to brew a strong cup and dig into the Word. Blessings to you!