Monday, December 7, 2009

December Daybook

I like to participate in The Simple Woman's Daybook every now and then. Here's a glimpse of what my day looks like in December.

Outside my window... It is cold! Currently 9 degrees with a wind chill of -8. Brrr!! Thankfully not much snow yet.

I am thinking... about my to-do list for the coming week, which includes homeschool and work, as usual, in the midst of preparations for Christmas.

I am thankful for... a loving Heavenly Father who can be trusted to take care of us.

I am wearing... a typical "homeschool mom uniform"-- denim jumper, sage green long-sleeve t-shirt, and my Lands' End fleece slippers

I am remembering... other Christmases.

I am currently reading... A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens.

I am hoping... to post the winner of my cookbook giveaway later today. There were a lot of entries to go through! If you haven't entered yet, go ahead. I'll leave it open until I have a chance to post about it.

On my mind... decisions to be made for the coming year.

Noticing that... I am enjoying the Christmas season more now that my children are old enough to take over most of the preparations-- decorating, gift-wrapping, baking.

Pondering these words...
Arise, shine;
For your light has come!
And the glory of the Lord is risen upon you.
For behold, the darkness shall cover the earth,
And deep darkness the people;
But the Lord will arise over you,
And His glory will be seen upon you.
Isaiah 60:1-2
From the kitchen... my daughters made sugar cookies yesterday, with plans to make several other kinds in the next couple of weeks to share with friends and neighbors.

Around the house... after a stay-at-home weekend filled with several different projects, the house needs a good cleaning!

One of my favorite things... a giant peppermint stick in my Christmas stocking! This is a tradition "Santa" started when I was a teen. I have continued it with my family. Everybody loves it!

From my picture journal... This little vignette that my youngest daughter set up beneath our Christmas tree makes me smile.

4 comments:

pse said...

Awww, what a cute collection of visitors to the manger.

Renee said...

Wonderful post! Your day sounds lovely but a tad bit cold - brrr. Have a wonderful week.

Laura said...

YUM, Peppermint stick! Maybe I can keep cookie from eating it this year!

A Gracious Home said...

I love the picture you are sharing. My grands do things like that. It's always such a joy to see. I love candy canes also. I like to put the small ones in an orange an suck on them. I hope you have a great week. Doylene