Saturday, December 5, 2009

Happy Birthday, Dad!


This is one of my favorite family pictures from my babyhood, even though the sun was too bright and the photographer managed to cut off the top of Daddy's head. I just love how Mother is snuggled up against Dad with chubby little me cuddled in her arms. This was during the few short months that I was an only child! (My twin sisters came along when I was 19 months old, followed closely by two little brothers.)

I read a quote somewhere once that says, "The greatest gift a father can give his children is to love their mother." My siblings and I agree that we are so blessed to have such a precious gift-- our parents still adore each other. And they love their children. In a generation where many older dads don't verbally express their love, mine does! Nearly every time I talk to him, he reminds me, "You know I love you, don't you?"

I love you, too, Dad! Hope you have a great birthday!

5 comments:

Dori said...

I love that picture too! It's striking how much Tim looks lIke Daddy does in that picture! We do have amazing parents and are so blessed!

Kristi said...

What a precious post. I can see why that photo is one of your favorites. Happy birthday to your dad!

pse said...

Thank you Karla. We are so blessed with a wonderful family.

Nancy M. said...

Great picture! You were a cute baby! Happy Birthday to your dad!

The Watts Family said...

Oh sweet and wonderful! What a blessing to have a relationship with your father. Many nowadays do not get to experience this joy! ~Happy Birthday to your Father indeed!! :D Thanks for sharing ~Blessings Heather