Monday, January 25, 2010

Christian Keyboarding - review


It's what we used to call "typing"-- but these days, of course, we use computer keyboards, not typewriters, so it's called "keyboarding" now!

Keyboarding for Christian Schools is a typing keyboarding (Sorry! Old habits die hard!) program developed to teach the touch-typing method using Bible verses for typing drill. (Okay, I give up! You know what I mean when I say "typing", don't you?) It is not a computer program, but rather a printable e-book very similar to what I learned to type from all those years ago when I was in school, but with Bible verses.

The benefit to this type of training is that students learn to type from printed copy, which is a good skill to have. The drawback is that it's not a "game" like many computer-based learn-to-type programs. I thought my children would be bored without the bells-and-whistles, but surprisingly they seemed to enjoy it.

Two levels are available. The upper level is for students in 6th grade or older. It includes basic typing plus a lesson on creating tables in Word 2003. It is $15.95 for the e-book. The lower level is for younger children in kindergarten through 5th grade. It includes basic typing with the help of Miss Mabel the ladybug. It is $12.95 for the e-book. Check out other reviews of this product at the TOS Homeschool Crew blog.

2 comments:

Brooke said...

That sounds interesting.

Anonymous said...

The information here is great. I will invite my friends here.

Thanks