Monday, May 10, 2010

Beeyoutiful Balance - Review

For years I have suffered with several migraine headaches in a typical month. Sometimes they follow a pattern, other times they are just random. I do have medication that can usually get rid of them, for which I am very thankful, but I wish I could figure out what causes them and take measures to prevent them altogether.

About 6 months ago I went on a sugar-free diet, thinking that perhaps my hypoglycemic symptoms were related. After a few weeks it was obvious that the sugar wasn't causing the head-aches because I continued to get them in spite of avoiding sugar. Time to try something else...

Beeyoutiful is a company that offers products for "healthy living for the real world." As a member of the TOS Homeschool Crew I was offered my choice of several of their products to try. Since my headaches do seem to be worse at certain times of the month, I thought perhaps a natural progesterone cream would help, so I requested Beeyoutiful Balance. It is a natural progesterone cream in a coconut oil base with a citrus-y fragrance. I received it about 6 weeks ago, and according to the instructions, needed to wait about 2 weeks to start using it. It is applied twice a day for 2 weeks, then not at all for 2 weeks. So basically, I have used it for one cycle. Did it help? Well, not that first month anyway. I couldn't tell that it did anything at all for me. There's enough left in the 2-ounce jar I received to continue using it this month, so I will, just to give it another chance. My quest to eliminate my headaches continues!

However, I understand that some of my Crew mates did see remarkable differences in related symptoms, so your results may vary. Check out other reviews of this and other products from Beeyoutiful at the Crew blog. A 2-ounce jar of Beeyoutiful Balance is $23.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

Thank you for this review. So many of us suffer from migraines.
Blessings,
andrea