Friday, May 28, 2010

Five Question Friday

1. Is there something you've always wanted to try but just can't muster up the courage to actually do yet?

There are things I'd love to try (well, okay, places I'd love to visit) but it's more a matter of finances preventing me from doing it rather than courage. I enjoy a good adventure story but when it comes right down to it I'm not particularly courageous when it comes to "extreme" activities... and I'm okay with that.

2. If you had $100 handed to you in cash without your significant other knowing about it, what would you spend it on?

Groceries. Isn't that boring? Unfortunately, our budget is just that tight right now. But assuming the bills were paid and the pantry was well-stocked, I'd stash it away to start a vacation fund for the fall.

3. What was your favorite piece of playground equipment as a child?

When I was 8 or 9 we lived near a small zoo that had the best slide. It was designed to look like a rocket, and the slide part was a spiral. We thought that was so cool.

About that same time, McDonald's in our town built a playground. We'd never seen such a thing before. It was outdoors. No cool crawl tunnels or ball pits like they have now. Instead, there was a giant hamburger up on a pedestal. A ladder inside the pedestal allowed us to climb up inside the hamburger and look out the sides. As I recall, that's about all there was to it. Kinda like a small tree house. The only other "equipment" I remember at that playground were some of the other McDonald's characters as those silly bouncy thingys you sit on and bob up and down. We weren't very impressed with those... probably because we were too big for them.

4. Do you prefer a sweet or hearty breakfast?

Hearty. Or least savory. Buttered toast and coffee is okay. I can't stand doughnuts or anything super sweet early in the morning. I might enjoy a good sweet pastry with coffee later in the day, but not for breakfast.

5. Are you a Neat Freak or a Messy Bessy?

Something in between, I think. I have neat freak tendencies, and clutter does bug me, but somehow I can't manage to keep up... so my house is usually more messy than not. I have been on a decluttering kick lately, though, and I have to say, it feels really good! I'll have to show you pictures of my office when I finish organizing in here.


3 comments:

Shelby said...

Wow...stopped by from 5QF and you were right after me. I can't believe you have an RV on your header! We travel and HS for my hubby's job. Small world! I love to see other RV'ers (if if it isn't full time!)

Happy Friday!

Stop in and see me if you get the chance! Going to 'follow' you!

Shelby said...

And...just noticed that you are Sonlighters!!! So cool! We are too!

SAHMinIL said...

I remember those McD playgrounds. Our McD had one too. I remember Officer Big Mac-(it was a climb in jail). Although with ours you could not climb up to his hat. I also remember Grimace. (The big purple-hairy-thing).

The Grimace on the playground was basically a huge cage thing. It had 2 openings, door ways (on on each side of Grimace). We would climb in and hold on to the metal bars that made his torso and just shake and rock the whole thing.

However as the years went on Grimace no longer "shakable" the way he was before. I don't think it was because he was broken, I think they had to modify him so that he didn't shake like we did.

We also had a slide, but I want to say it featured Birdie the early bird and not the Hamburglar and Captain Crook. hmm? Then again this was the 80's so who knows.