Sunday, May 23, 2010

Lobster Network - review

My last review for the 2009-2010 TOS Homeschool Crew is actually not a product at all. Instead, it's a networking site that helps you catalog... well, just about anything... as well as make it available to others. You can borrow/loan, give/receive, or buy/sell books, videos, curriculum, games, equipment, or whatever you have or need. It's a perfect way to keep track of what you have loaned or borrowed, or find who might have something you need. Lobster Network allows you to:
I had a hard time visualizing how this would work until I signed up for my own account. The cool thing is, membership is free... so you can try it out for yourself. There's also a video tour on the website that demonstrates how the system works. Now to find the time to enter all my "stuff"! That's where the challenge comes in. It's not hard at all, but just time-consuming, especially if you have a large personal library like I do.

Like I said, this is my last review for the 2009-2010 Crew... but I was honored to be asked to stay on for the 2010-2011 school year! So watch for more great homeschool product reviews starting in July or August.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

I have an urgent prayer request at arise 2 write.
andrea

pse said...

Would this work for organizing photos? That is something I need to do, but, oh the time it will take!