Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Random Dozen

For today's post I'm going to attempt to answer a dozen random questions posed by Linda @ 2nd Cup of Coffee. I thought it sounded fun! Here are this week's questions and my answers:

1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated? Don't you mean prioritizing? I prioritize things! I never procrastinate! Ha!

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night? It usually doesn't take me long to fall asleep. Sometimes I wake up in the night, but I typically go right back to sleep. I consider it a blessing!

3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles? I loved the prairie skirts and ruffled blouses and also the classic preppy oxford shirts and pullover sweaters that were in style when I was in high school in the 1980s. I've wondered if everyone likes whatever was in style when they were in high school. My style currently is pretty classic-- solid colors and simple lines -- because I don't like trying to keep up with the latest trends.

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd? Chili in the Crockpot. With makings for taco salad and/or nachos on the side.

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse? I tend to not be an impulse shopper. Let's see... the last thing I bought impulsively... hmm... oh, I know! It was a big bag of M&Ms for Lyle.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral? Oh, my. Can't say I've ever thought of that. I guess whatever would bring comfort to my family because I'm pretty sure I won't care!

7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today? A warm home and a loving family.

8. What is your favorite type of bread? Cornbread.

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? Bitterness.

10. What trait would you like most to develop? Unselfishness. Generosity. Hospitality. (Those are all kinda the same thing, aren't they?)

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?  My office/library which reflects my love of literature and writing. Also, the living room and kitchen where I display mementos from childhood and other vintage collectibles that I enjoy.

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging? It's supposed to be balanced? Ah! That explains the procrastinating prioritizing in Question 1!

2 comments:

Sh@KiR@ CK said...

I adore corn bread too.
It is a blessing to be able to fall back to sleep easily.
Mine is here
Nice to meet you.
Happy Wednesday!
Wishing you an advance HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
hugs
shakira

Nancy M. said...

I love the 80's too!

I tagged your for a photo tag on my blog if you'd like to participate.