Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Stripeys

For the past several weeks I've been enchanted with the lovely granny-stripe blanket that Lucy @ Attic24 is creating. Her colors are just so delicious... and she's been keeping us posted on the progress as she goes along. When she started it, I was still working on the ripple afghan that I showed you earlier this month. I had to finish it first because it was a gift for my niece's graduation. I was very tempted to go see if I could find some light-weight soft yarn in the colors that Lucy is using, but my frugal side kicked in and I decided to use up some yarn I already had first.
I had just enough of these random colors of cotton yarn to work up a nice little lap blanket. Obviously, I had more of some colors than others, but I was pleased with the result. I really enjoyed working it up, because it's such a simple pattern that I don't even have to look at what I'm doing most of the time. I got a lot of it done as we drove over the mountains coming back from Seattle last weekend. It was too curvy to read without getting carsick, but with this I could keep my eyes forward out the front window.

I'd still love to do a larger light-weight blanket in the bright colors, but I'm not sure when I'll be able to justify more yarn purchases. Maybe I better finish the quilt for my bed first.

For more creative projects visit the Creative Share blog hop @ Trendy Treehouse.

4 comments:

wardhouse said...

What a beautiful afghan. Thank you for posting the link to the Bernat pattern - printed that off and may start one up with gifted acrylic yarn. =)

Attic24 said...

your GS blankie is beautiful....you should most defintiely make a bright coloured one, go-on, am i tempting you?? heehee!!!
Lovely visiting with you ♥
xxxLucexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

pse said...

What a beautiful use of your left over yarn.

Show Me Mama said...

Oh, that is so pretty. I love it :)Great blog you have here and I am your new follower, come visit me at http://showmemama.blogspot.com