Saturday, July 3, 2010

Stocked Up for Summer!

Last week I told you about the Rayovac Powers Your Summer promotion, hoping I would be one of the first 99 blogs to post about it so I could win a prize package. Guess what? I was!! My prize came yesterday. It included 5 large packages of batteries (all the right sizes... AAA, AA, C, D, and 9-volt) and a $50 gift card to Wal*Mart! Yay!

Interestingly, a couple days ago two of our smoke detectors started the annoying low-battery beep. We were out of 9-volt batteries, so we just pulled them temporarily to get them to shut up. I knew these batteries were coming, and I hoped the package would include some 9-volts. So the first thing I did after I opened the package was to replace the smoke detector batteries. Then I re-stocked our battery supply in the trailer... and put the rest away to be used as needed. That's what I call a handy prize! Thank you, Rayovac!

You could still win! No blog post necessary. Just visit Rayovac's website every day until July 20th and answer their daily question to be entered in a drawing for a different "summer fun" prize each day.

Speaking of giveaways, it occurs to me that I never announced a winner for I Am Hutterite, the book I was giving away earlier this month.  The winner is Mary Grace who blogs @ Books and Bairns. She said, "Completely fascinating stuff. I'd love to give this one a read! And I follow your blog. But you already know that. :-)" Congratulations, Mary Grace! I'll get your book out to you.