Friday, November 5, 2010

Collectorz - review

I have always loved the public library. When I was growing up I dreamed of having an extensive home library. As a homeschooler, that dream has become a reality... and now the problem has become keeping my collection pared down to where I have room for it. Just about every room in our house has at least one bookcase. They are loosely organized in a way that makes sense to me, but I often lose track of which books I own and where they are when I need them.

Recently, as a member of the TOS Crew, I had the opportunity to review the Collectorz software for cataloging books. It is pretty straight-forward and very easy to use. All I had to do was type in the ISBN from a book cover and it would automatically list the title, author, cover art, and other pertinent information for that particular book. Or if you have a barcode scanner, you can simply scan the bar code. I haven't had the time to enter my entire collection, but I can see that it would be a helpful program to have to better organize my library and keep track of my books. Collectorz also offers similar software for DVDs, CDs, and other types of media.

The Book Collector Standard Version costs $29.95, while the Book Collector Pro Version costs $49.95. The Pro Version has extra features for larger collections.

No comments: