Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Spring Floods

Due to the warm temperatures and rain we've had lately, the snow in the mountains is melting quickly and the Coeur d'Alene River has passed flood stage. Yesterday evening we decided to go on a little family drive to see it.
This section of the river is a popular swimming hole in the summer time. It's hard to imagine it being so crystal clear that you can see the rocks on the bottom.
 In the market for an RV site? I know where you could probably get one cheap. 'Course your RV would need to be a boat... but still!
I wonder if the water will be over this bridge before it crests? Probably not... but it sure will be close!
I loved the way the clouds looked against the mountains in the sunset light of this shot of the I-90 bridge. In spite of the high water, I enjoyed seeing the delicate spring greens throughout the forest. Such a beautiful time of year!

2 comments:

Toyin O. said...

Great pictures, it sounds like a fun trip.

pse said...

Water is amazing! I love to watch it, drink it, clean with it, etc.