About as close to perfect as possible. We have had an incredibly mild summer this year. Lyle told me he heard we've only had something like 4 days where the temperature got over 90 degrees. We never even bothered putting in the window a/c unit this year. We've just had the windows open for months. I love living in the northwest!
Things that make me happy:
Standing out in the parking lot after church visiting with friends for hours.
Books I'm reading:
- More Treasures from Grandma's Attic by Arleta Richardson (in the upstairs bathroom)
- The Old Schoolhouse Magazine (not a book, I know, but it's what I currently have going in the downstairs bathroom)
- I'm sorta between books on my Kindle. That is to say, I have several started, but I haven't gotten into any of them yet. I just finished Reinventing Leona by Lynne Gentry.
Hamburgers on the grill, I think.
On my To Do List:
(You really don't want to see my whole To-Do list... but here are a few things I need to do today.)
- Divide and wrap 40 pounds of hamburger meat we picked up Saturday evening.
- Package and mail several packages.
- Work several hours as a Sonlight Advisor.
- Clean the kitchen.
- Get some writing done.
I want to try making The Pioneer Woman's Iced Coffee. I've been afraid to make it, though, because I'm very sure I would quickly become addicted to it.
In the craft basket:
Cotton yarn for washcloths. I've been making these up to sell. One of my friends makes soap and has been selling it at the farmer's market. I sent her a batch of washcloths to offer with the soap. I have also set up an Etsy shop. Not many listed there yet, but it's a start.
Looking forward to this week:
Laura is coming home Wednesday evening! She's been gone all summer, and we have missed her!
No words needed:
Lesson learned the past few days:
God is faithful. Always.
On my mind:
Plans for the upcoming school year. (Don't miss my Back-to-School giveaway!)
No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it. I Corinthians 10:13.
More Happy Homemaker Monday posts @ Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.