Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Walk Strong, Look Up - review

I was inspired by Chantel Hobbs' previous book, Never Say Diet, so when I was offered the opportunity to review her latest book on walking, I was definitely interested. I've mentioned before that I am trying to get into the habit of walking regularly. I am not interested in running, but I love to go for hikes, and when I'm out in the woods I always wish I had more strength and stamina. So I know I need to walk more. In Walk Strong, Look Up Chantel challenges us to "walk with God" in a literal way. She outlines a 4-week plan including how long to walk, how often to walk, and what to think about on each walk for a month. She even includes practical tips like how to get the right shoes and warm-up stretches to do. I found it very helpful and encouraging.

Here's the publisher's synopsis:
When it comes to diet and exercise, many people are tired, frustrated, and ready to throw in the (literal and figurative) towel. Lack of motivation and results can leave you feeling drained, dumpy, and defeated.

In her new book, author Chantel Hobbs will change all that! Hobbs reveals how just one month can radically transform your outlook. Walk Strong, Look Up shares the story of how walking renewed her passion for life, and how others can benefit from what she has learned. Get tips on finding the right shoes, making lighter food choices without sacrificing flavor, and strengthening your muscles to increase your metabolism and energy level. Most importantly, learn about God’s unconditional acceptance and why He is the perfect walking partner.

Each week of this four week plan offers instructions, stories of encouragement, and questions for reflection, as well as a pre-walk challenge and post-walk chat. Walk Strong’s plan will help you gain confidence, relieve stress, improve your physique, and stay excited about being active.
Available September 2011 at your favorite bookseller from Revell, a division of Baker Publishing Group. Thank you to Revell for sending me a review copy.

1 comment:

breakmydreams said...

Sounds like a book I am going to have to check out soon :)